Saturday, December 04, 2004

Parade of LIghts

Lucky me! I went to the Parade of Lights with Andy, Cameron, and Pat. Pat and Cameron left us, so Andy and I were left together. It was cold.It was awkward but we still talked. The parade was really actually pretty cool. All the public high school marching bands were in it. They wouldn’t let the church related float into the parade because “it shows religious symbolism that might offend others”. Ok what’s the point of celebrating Christmas (a Christian holiday) if your not going to celebrate the reason for it. Hickenlooper wants to take the Merry Christmas sign of the town hall cause it offends people. What’s the point of putting up Christmas lights if you’re not going to celebrate Christmas? Get where I’m going with this? So I spent some tin=me alone with Andy, yeah for me. We went back to Pat’s house and had a very in-depth conversation about politics and religion 2:1 me and Andy against Pat. It was interesting because Pat said we as Catholics have nothing to backup our beliefs with, and called us as Catholics and non-liberals ignorant but he didn’t have anything to back up what he said. Everything he said was based off of Fahrenheit 9/11. That’s ok. Because of that conversation I was forty minutes late coming home and lost car driving privileges for a week. I feel bad though cause my friends and I were going to go to the movies but, Peter never called me back, and Maura said she wanted to go at seven but never called me back so I went with Andy to the parade.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Village Idiot said...

In the best interests of the republic, Democrats should not be allowed to vote or to run for office. What the Hell is up with Hick? The man's got problems. Just like Micheal Moore.

Too bad about driving... Give Megan the keys to the suburban and have her chauffeuer you Alex, and everyone else around! for this week.

Sunday, December 05, 2004 12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home