Thursday, November 04, 2004

Different day, different question. Another day, another answer. – Roberto Lopez

Omg, load of my mind back and nerves. Today was my first day working at Noodles & Co. I was really nervous. After all it was my first job and my first day. I was very scared and nervous at the beginning but after getting into what actually goes on I relaxed. I spent most of the time following Tesea my trainer around. I learned how to cash, clean and refill condiments, check for dishes, walk in and out of the refrigerator, bus tables, and the best thing of all wrap silverware. Alex said that when most people work cash they freak out and don’t want to do it at all their first time. I was able to do cash with little to no assistance although it was greatly appreciated when necessary. Megan introduced me to the busy life of the store, and many of the workers. Following that Alex and then Josh came in. It’s always good to see a smiling face (which Josh has) when you’re nervous. I think I get the hang of all the little touches on the screen though I still don’t know where everything is and what everything means. I guess I’ll learn that Saturday while everyone else is out on the slopes!!! I met Osiel one of my sister’s friends. I don’t speak Spanish making it hard to communicate. I once again have taken on the name Valeria meaning Valerie in Spanish. Josh and Tesea both told me of how slippery the floor is, I know I some how managed to stay upright while sliding from the cash register to the beverage station. Nearing the end of my shift a couple who had to point out they had just been playing monopoly came in. I just so happened to be laughing at the time (we all know what that means, wave to the world). The guy said I have a cute laugh, but it was a giggle because my hands weren’t waving. Then the woman organized the whole front area with the menu’s and rice crispy treats. Then she noticed that all the crispy weren’t the same size and “do you charge the same for everyone, maybe you should weigh them.” The last thing I need is to have to learn to weigh rice crispy treats. Josh gave me helpful hint: If you like white pants don’t wear them here. I was also surprised at how many people use credit cards to pay. In the midst of this at a quiet time, Ladder 2 drove by. I think Andy was in it because I saw someone standing in the engine looking into Noodles. I guess I’ll be seeing a lot more of Wheat Ridge Fire now. FYI we did have a fire drill today perfectly timed to take up part of English. God does hear our prayers.

I’m still nervous about my job but I think once I’ve worked for a while and know what actually must be done I’ll be more relaxed. It’ll be great and having my sister home for the weekend will be cool too. Everything will be fine until Monday because finals began Wednesday. Live everyday like it’s the last day of your life.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Village Idiot said...

Walking in and out of the refridgerator - an important life skill! Glad you did ok.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home