Thursday, August 09, 2007

Uh.. About the coffee guy, and a friend.

So a while ago if most of you will remember I wrote about the Barista at Starbucks that I had a crush on. I'm here for another report. In the past year I have gotten to know him through Myspace, Facebook, and the trips to Starbucks. I must say that I don't go as often, meaning I'm not completely obsessed with him. We have, in essence, become friends. I can carry on a conversation with him with out freaking out or getting nervous and not knowing what to say. We talk like friends. On the day after my Birthday he wished me a Happy Birthday when I went in to get a drink. The day after that he came into Noodles with his dad and brother, and in front of them asked me if I had a good birthday. I said yeah gave some details and moved on. This brings me to why I'm blogging, I'm frustrated! Clearly at one point I had the worlds biggest crush on him but as I have already mentioned that has passed and we are now friends. I still go to Starbucks a lot not for the same reasons that I used to but I go. Recently he hadn't been there and I knew he didn't quit because i heard some of his co-workers talking about him. Apparently he was a little shaken up cause something happen but he'd be back. Time went by, not a lot but some, and I just thought I would message him and see if he's ok. Why? This is important... because I care about people I know. Not because at one point in my life I had a crush on them!!! (some people still don't understand). I messaged him, he wrote back. He explained what had happened and said thanks for my concern. This brought me to the question of do I write something back, if so what? I couldn't think of anything to say so I didn't. I asked a few friends what they would do one said just talk to him before I leave for college, and the other who knew me when I had a crush on him said that I "continue to obsess and turn nothing into something with someone who has already said he's not into you." Ok here's where I get angry. When I did have a crush on the Starbucks dude, the person just mentioned, would not tell me if the Starbucks dude liked me or not. Obviously he knew. Now he's telling me I'm obsessing about him. Ok newsflash here I'm not! I just asked a simple question which now when I reflect on it, I find it a little stupid but still I did it because people make mistakes. Apparently I am obsessed with the coffee guy because my other friend didn't think that after a year or so I would realize nothing will happen and I should accept what I have and go with it. We talk, we are friends, nothing more. I'm frustrated and angry. I don't know what else to say

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home