Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Saturday the 3rd

Yesterday, Saturday March 4, I learned a few very important things. One, when you are going to Los Angeles to tour the Getty and you plan on taking city buses don't were dress shoes or dress sandals. I didn't anticipate doing a lot of walking and a 'United employee' when I travel I have to look professional. So I wake up thinking since it is supposed to be 79 degrees in LA I might as well wear sandals. That didn't go so well. After missing the bus and walking everywhere my feet were killing me. Not because the shoes were uncomfortable but because they aren't meant for extreme walking. So after spending a day in LA I flew back for the George Strait concert. Keep in mind the time crunch here. I go straight from the airport to the Pepsi Center still wearing the same shoes. Well conveniently the row I was sitting in had something sticky on the floor so not only could I not take my shoes off to free my feet (which have blisters) but my feet were practically stuck to the floor for the three and a half hours we were there.

The second thing I learned is that if you are going to a concert and don't have a car be sure to a) have a working cell phone b)have friends who care enough about you to make sure you have a ride home c) wear shoes that you could walk home in. I had none of these. Half way through the concert my phone dies. My friend tells me that I can borrow hers to at least call home and get a ride. Well because they had to be home before midnight my friends left before the concert was over. Luckily one of them stayed and let use her phone to call home. Due to traffic around the Pepsi center my Dad wants me to walk somewhere else down town so he can pick me up. Ha-ha no I won't. So there I am with blisters on my feet standing in dress pants in front of a bar across the street from the Pepsi Center with a cell phone that doesn't work waiting for a ride. Oh and it's cold too! So half hour maybe 20 minutes later my Dad finally comes.

I learned that you should never were sandals to California for a day trip and that if you go to a concert you should have a working phone or car. Maybe I'm just over reacting but I can't say I was too excited about standing around the Pepsi Center till midnight. Maybe it's because I'm in a somewhat bad mood because I got two hours of sleep last but being left at the Pepsi Center really isn't as exciting as it sounds. Now because of all this and my blog about it, people are mad. I just can't seem to write anything without pissing people off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home