Monday, February 27, 2006

Finals!! The joy of a Trimester system.

According to Katy, my conversations with Aaron do not have much depth and according to Megan we talk about school a far too much. What does that have to do with Finals? You’ll see.

Wednesday was the first day of Finals. We had our first and second period tests. I was still dragging because of the removal of my wisdom teeth so studying wasn’t my first priority. History wasn’t a big threat contrary to what the teacher said. So what if I only got a 56% on the Multiple Choice portion? I only missed one on the essay leaving me with an 88% which is not too bad for not studying. For Religion Lenzini gave us a letter prior to the final so we could prepare Scripture and Catechism that could be used for actually writing an essay. Turns out the letter was Cardinal Stafford’s 1996 parish letter. It had two spelling errors. I ended up getting a 100% on the final but he really scared me when he told me. So with a 94.1% in history and most likely an A in religion I hope to have at least 2 A’s on my report card. After these 2 finals I was homeward bound. Once home I pushed aside the two English essays I had and went to Starbucks with my Mom to talk. While there, Aaron came in but only to check his schedule. We failed to make eye contact! Before going to Starbucks I was able to publish a Blog I had been meaning to publish for a long time. After getting back from Starbucks I meandered over to Megan’s and we changed my Blog and fun doing it. We were selecting colors and had a hard time finding ones that were readable. Even now I think it is difficult to read. Maybe sometime I will get a round to fixing it. I cannot remember the color but it is green and spelled weird. I think it was chartreuse.

Katy and Megan went to RCIA and then afterwards they picked me up and we went down to Paris on the Platte. On the way there we saw the Primer Mobile (Yeah)! Paris on the Platte is the coolest coffee shop. We ordered a pitcher of café mexicana or whatever. It had 2 inches of foam on the top of it with a layer of sugar and cinnamon on that. We also ordered sandwiches and what-not. My mouth was still sore and I could not open it wide enough to eat my sandwich. By mid-night I had finished writing two essays and no where near to studying for my chemistry final. We left the Paris place and headed home. At Katy’s place I typed my essays and went to bed around 2:30 a.m. At 9 a.m. I went home and took a shower; got some Joe at Peaberry’s and headed off to school. My chemistry final was at 11:30 a.m. so I started studying at 10:30 a.m. I failed the final miserably but some how managed to pass the class with a C-. After turning in my final I took a test I had missed when I was in D.C. and failed it wretchedly. I had to stay after school and helped Sister with the sophomore retreat. I helped he write a skit along with a few other people in my small group and she gave our characters away. I’m not too happy with her because not only did she do that but, I made 100 rosaries give or take a few over the weekend and she didn’t even acknowledge that I did it! Ugh I need to go to confession. After work I went to Starbucks, (surprise, surprise) the conversation of the night was my final. Apparently Aaron kind of chose chemistry a major. (He goes to Mines but he doesn’t know that I know that.) I am definitely not a math or science person. I am more of a history or English person. We talked about AP classes and such. We also talked about how trimesters only make you take more finals than semesters do that kind of talk. With trimesters we have to take Finals three times a year! We talked about chemistry a bit more, it was a hard test. He asked if it was an AP class I said yes because it is an Honors course after all. After wards I felt really stupid. It doesn’t make sense that I am in Honors and I don’t do well with math and chemistry. Bidding our good-byes (his are weird); he said I had earned a good night’s sleep and, as usual, the whole have a good night drive safe spiel from both of us. He is really weird but that’s okay he’s an engineer you’ve gotta give him some credit for trying. (That is credit for trying to use literary devices in his goodbyes and such).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home